A voter registration application may be submitted to your local Board of Elections or the State Board of Elections year round. However, no registration will be processed during the following periods:
Who may apply to register to vote?
To register you must:
Be a U.S. citizen;
Be a Maryland Resident;
Be at least 18 years old by the next General Election;
Not be under guardianship for mental disability;
When may I apply to register to vote?
20 days before through 10 days after the 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election; and20 days before through 10 days after the 2018 Gubernatorial General Election.
If you submit a voter registration application during the period that registration is closed, your application will be held at the local board of elections and processed when registration reopens.
- Can I register to vote if I have been convicted of a crime?
- Effective March 10, 2016, if you havae been convicted of a felony, you are eligible to register to vote once you have completed the court-ordered sentence of imprisonment. For purposes of eligibility to register to vote, convictions include federal, state and out-of-state convictions.
- You are not eligible to vote if you have been convicted of buying or selling votes.
- How to Vote in Maryland
- Everything you need to know to register to vote in Maryland go to:
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Page last modified 04/03/17 10:31:01