Public Information Act Requests
The Maryland Public Information Act (PIA) and the County's Rules and Procedures for Public Information Act Requests grants the public the right to access records that are in possession of State and local governmental agencies. However, under the law there are required and discretionary exemptions to the release of certain information. As such, some documents may not be released or may be released in redacted form. In addition, Talbot County is not required to answer informational questions or to create a record to satisfy a Public Information Act request.
Certain public information is available on the County's website, as follows:
- Decision on Unclaimed Property or Excess Funds Requests (July 2023)
- Adopted Operating Budgets
- Bids - Open for Bid and Past Deadline
- Capital Improvement Plans
- County Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Boards & Committees Minutes and Agendas
- Financial Reports - Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Legislation - Approved and Pending
For any information not available on this site, a written or e-mailed request must be sent to the County's Public Information Act Representative.
Fees may be charged for copies and for staff time spent responding to a PIA request in excess of two hours.
Public Information Request
To make a public information request, fill out the following form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Submit Request
Victoria E. Bradley
County PIA Representative
Talbot County Office of Law
11 N. Washington Street
Easton, Maryland 21601
Related Rules and Regulations
- Public Information Act (marylandattorneygeneral.gov)
- Resolution 231 (Rules and Procedures for Public Information Act Requests) (enacted and enrolled July 2016)
Page last modified Tuesday, January 16, 2024 11:49:47 AM